Bethany Resources and Process
Bethany Inc. is a participating landlord in the Family Rehousing and Stabilization Program (FRSP) Program, but also has supportive services in place for all of our tenants and their families. This will include voluntary compliance with case management, income verification as a low-income tenant as well as providing documentation per the DHCD HOME Program.
As a designated low-income housing provider, we must follow guidelines to provide exceptional housing and supportive services for our families. Good Hope House has rules that must be enforced for the safety, well-being and successful tenancy for all of our families. Successful tenants who have complied with case management, have graduated with the ability to sustain self-sufficiency or be able to navigate to other programs.
1) Schedule an appointment with Virginia Williams Resource Center by calling (202) 526-0017
or a Housing Case Manager at an organization in the District of Columbia.
2) Select a landlord, and confirm vacancy*.
*To check vacancy with Bethany Inc. contact (202) 678-4084 or info @ bethanyinc.org
3) Notify your case manager of your selected landlord.
*If you select Bethany Inc., complete the Tenant Application Form and pay $50.00 application fee.
4) Work with your case manager to complete forms to return to landlord.
5) Case manager will send FRSP application to approving Agency for review. Approval or denial will be issued in 48 hours.
6) Schedule and perform unit inspection.
7) Once unit has passed inspection, a lease agreement will be created and signed by tenant and property owner.
8) Pay first month's payment and security deposit within 30 days from lease-up.
D.C. Resources and Info
If you have emergency needs with homelessness, please reach out to the contacts below.
Shelters and Community Orgs
Shelter Hotline: 1-(800) 535-7252 or
Mayor’s Call Center: 311 TTY/TDD Phone 1-(855)-986-6700
Virginia Williams Family Resource Center:
920 Rhode Island Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20018
Tel: (202) 526-0017
The Community Partnership for the Prevention of Homelessness:
Shelter hotline: (202) 399-7093
East of the River
Strengthening Collaborative: (202) 397-7300
Start Your Recovery: https://startyourrecovery.org/
D.C. Housing Authority: www.dchousing.org
D.C. Dept. of Human Services
Solutions to Ending Homelessness: https://dhs.dc.gov/service/solutions-ending-homelessness
Contact Email: dhs.HomelessProgram@dc.gov
Contact Phone: (202) 698-4166
View Fact Sheet PDF
Capital Area Food Bank-
Hunger Lifeline: (202) 644-9807
Food and Friends (DC): (240) 777-1755
DC Dept. of Human Services
SNAP, Food Stamps: (202) 727-5355
Bread for the City: (202) 265-2400
Martha's Table: (202) 328-6608
Mom's Meals: (877) 508-6667
Meals on Wheels: (888) 998-6325